Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Other Half

Often times "the other half" of this infertility/loss equation is forgotten about. Everyone asking, "how is Kate doing?" I can even get wrapped up in all these appointments and medicines and research that I too forget how my husband is doing. Afterall, he has been through more in the 4 years of our marriage than we ever thought we would have.
He will the first to admit that it is different for him than me, I had a greater connection to the babies than him. I know he has some scars on his heart from all of this...

He was at work when he got a phone call from his wife telling him his baby had no heartbeat anymore...three times.
He had to watch doctors deliver his baby that came way too soon.
He has sat with me surgery after surgery...knowing what sadness the days and weeks to come would bring us.
He has had to call the funeral homes and make arrangements for the remains when I was too fragile to take care of it.
He hears me sobbing into the pillows some nights when I doubt myself and the strength we have to continue.
He has to find the words to make me feel better when I get news of another pregnancy announcement or as each due date comes and goes.
He has to be the strong half when I am not.

He had told me many times that if we only have Nora that is fine and we will be happy and focused on what God has given us rather than what we don't have. I know he means it...but seeing him with her and the bond they have makes me want another that much more.

We have been warned by doctors that this can tear marriages apart. We have been told to seek counseling if we need it.  I know we didn't expect to be going through this but I feel just the opposite.
 It has made us stronger.



*    *    *    *    *    *   *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *

One of my favorite blogs Our Pathway to Parenthood nominated me for the "One Lovely Blog" award. This is one of my favorite blogs (she also was born with a septum) that really inspires me that I am on the right path. Thank You!

One of the rules to this away is that you have to write 7 random facts about yourself and then nominate blogs you seem fit. Here are my random facts and nominations coming soon!
1. I am left handed
2. I went to the largest all girls high school in the country
3. I enjoy running (these days its more like jogging) in my free time
4. I am an only child
5. My singing sounds like nails on a chalkboard
6. I'd rather watch paint dry than watch a soccer game
7. I like to read at night and am currently on book 3 of the "Fifty Shades" trilogy...I know, scandalous.









2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture! And a great post for your DH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one...Larry seems like an AMAZING person (just like his wife)! What a great picture too!

    ReplyDelete