Thursday, February 23, 2012

Good News...I guess?

I just got back from my jam packed day with Dr. Stephenson. I really really hope this is the last of any testing or uterine procedures I have for a while. The lower half of my anatomy sure has been on a hell ride the last few years!
First on my plate was the hysteroscopy/biopsy where she got up close and personal in my uterus clicking away with her camera. I opted for no meds, since I had an ultrasound and follow up with her afterward and wanted to be coherent and not have to rely on my husband for all the details. I could only imagine what he'd tell me if that were the case!
Everything looked great. I had a small "bridge" as she called it where my septum was removed but its vascular and definitely nothing to remove during a surgery. Phew! Minimal scar tissue, large uterine cavity, and I do NOT have PCOS. I had plenty of follicles on both ovaries and a think uterine lining.
All of my blood work is normal. No blood clotting issues, no thyroid issues and everything looks great on paper. But we are still missing some pieces of the puzzle. She needs the chromosome / pathology results from the miscarriages. They just received them this week and will be sent to CA now. If there was clotting in the placentas then I will be on heparin and if not....well that means there is nothing medically wrong with me that I can't carry a baby full term. But that also means that there is nothing to change as far as a plan for me.
So here are my next steps:
Folic Acid 3xday
PreNatals
Baby Aspirin 81mg
Clomid 25 mg starting day 3 of my next period, which should be in two weeks from now. Go figure...my luck again...the only time I've ovulated on my own without meds in my entire reproductive career was yesterday..when I am benched from getting pregnant.
I'll go on day 10-12 of next cycle for a follicular ultrasound and follow up with her to get the results of those remaining tests. We will then discuss what will happen if I do get pregnant again. So I guess the good news is that so far there is nothing majorly wrong...but I can't stop from thinking, then why have I miscarried 3 times in a row? Why didn't they make it? I guess I may never know.
I need to get myself into a positive mind frame because I am scared.
I am scared to get pregnant again.

6 comments:

  1. I know it's scary, but hang in there. It sounds like your docs are doing good work in figuring everything they can out for you. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here from ICLW: thank you for commenting on my blog!

    I'm so very sorry for your losses. I hope that the testing results can give you some answers. It sounds like you have a great plan in place for you and a terrific support system. Sending you lots of positive thoughts and luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy ICLW!

    I'm new here...and also have trouble with pg sticking. I had several bloodtests and was dx with MTHFR gene disorder. Have you also had similar blood tests? It is sometimes nice to find out what is wrong with you so that you can also know the solution. If it is unexplained, that can be frustrating. Hopefully your doctor is working on coming up with a solution for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the news was good! (Yes, it really was, despite your question mark)

    ICLW #6

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of prayers for you! You are far more brave than anyone I know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so strong Katie! Praying for you always:)

    ReplyDelete